Where are the best examples of skills and workforce development in Australia?
Which businesses and employers stand out? What industry sectors are planning for the future?
Where are the regions that have great partnerships addressing retention and upskilling?
What programs are most successful at engagement?
Which states or territories stand out with their approach to investment and growth?
All will be revealed in a session hosted by Wendy Perry, Australia’s leading workforce planner and developer, and VET strategist. Learn from what others are doing exceptionally well here and overseas – apply these approaches to your organisation and work. See who makes the best in Australia list and what their secrets are to success.
Investment: Quote available upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workforce Planning and Development in Action
With an approach combining structured learning and networking activities including organisational meetings, see workforce planning and workforce development strategies in action.
1. Hosted in innovation centres, coworking spaces, at TVET providers and Universities a week of site visits can include:
- supporting entrepreneurs with free use of software, devices to develop applications, mentoring and connections, board room and facilities
- accessing and using data from the national VET administrative collections and surveys plus the new research priorities
- how is data on workforce demand, development training and qualifications captured, analysed and disseminated?
- tour of coworking space and business incubator
- tour of leading TVET providers
- tour of University and coworking space encouraging entrepreneurs)
- regional networks – hear about how a region is implementing a collaborative workforce action plan
- designing workforce development solutions and policy to address problems or needs
- Workforce Planners and Developers Network including leading practitioners and VIPs including Ministers and representatives from government
2. Approaches to workforce planning and development for industry sectors, regions, enterprises and government covers:
- Analysing your results from workforce planning
- ENGAGE system
- panel of ‘best of’ examples and industry speakers including agriculture, building and construction, community services and health sector, creative industries, defence industry, education, food, resources and mining sector, tech, tourism, wine
- Industry Training Levy – how does it work? What is it used for?
- government policy and planning for jobs of the future
- how is data on workforce demand, development training and qualifications captured, analysed and disseminated
3. Regional workforce planning and development has to be experienced to be understood with tours and visits to meet:
- TVET providers – partnerships and skills profiling
- Universities – articulation pathways
- Schools – preparing young people for regional jobs
- Regional Workforce Development Strategy – enterprise workforce planning and development & discussion on industry partnerships
- Key employers – role in regional workforce planning and development
- Networking with regional stakeholders (local food and produce)
4. Encouraging entrepreneurship and innovation including young entrepreneurs and capacity building:
- Partnerships and programs for 16-25 year olds
- Work experience programs
- TVET provider capability and capacity – institutional change
- Economic development initiatives
- Industry led workforce development initiatives and how TVET providers respond
- Refining workforce development strategies and approaches
- Action planning – overview
Contact Wendy Perry, Head Workforce Planner, Workforce BluePrint via email@example.com to design a program that suits you.
The Future of VET and Work Tour
Experience the future of Vocational Education and Training (VET) and work through an interesting and insightful curated tour, ideally for those practitioners who want to be ahead of their peers, who think innovatively and want to make connections with leaders in their field.
See the newest VET and Higher Education settings, co-working spaces, hear about entrepreneurial programs and how to address regional workforce development needs. Gain insights into the latest data on where employment demand and VET is headed, meeting inspirational people over the course of this amazing day out.
Audience: disability and employment service providers, VET, education, community, economic and workforce development practitioners. This is an ideal lead in event to a national conference, forum or international delegation.
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Duration: 1 day or 1/2 day
Please note that bus hire is included and you’ll need to buy your lunch.
Do you need to fix your Human Resources (HR) infrastructure and/or undertake a Skills Audit?
Workforce BluePrint can help your business with the following:
- Employee files
- Employee contracts
- Job descriptions
- Interviews with staff including management
- Employee performance review system
- Benchmarking of salaries for management team
- Skills audit
- Social media review
- Workforce planning
In terms of outcomes and outputs this can include:
- Review and recommendations for employee files
- Review and recommendations for employee contracts
- Skills based job descriptions that are validated by you
- A simple employee performance review system with skills, values and targets as part of the process
- A benchmarking report on management salaries
- A skills audit including a report for each employee, group reports and an overarching report
- A draft/final report including feedback from employees
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you.
Workforce Architects Skills Profile Self-assessment
Self-assess against the Workforce Architects Skills Profile capturing areas for your development, that you are competent in and where you can develop others.
The skills profile includes capabilities across facilitation, human resource management, leadership and change agency, research and analysis, workforce development and workforce planning.
Once your payment has been processed a Skillsbook account will be set up for you with a username and password. This information will be sent via email including video instructions on how to use Skillsbook and rating system.
When you have completed the Workforce Architect Skills profile self-assessment a report will be produced by Workforce BluePrint and returned to you via email.
Take this opportunity to identify your strengths and development needs against a skills profile where there are international shortages and opportunities.
Investment: $97 incl GST
Work out the direct, indirect and hidden costs of recruitment to support your business case for workforce planning and retention vs. recruitment.
Get a quote for your workforce plan first by telling us if the plan is for:
- an enterprise/organisation
- a project
- a cluster/network/market
- an industry sector
- a region
- a country.
Then answer the following 7 quick questions in relation to the plan:
1. Approximately what is the size of the workforce?
2. What is the time frame for the workforce plan?
3. Do you have a strategic plan? What drivers will impact on your workforce?
4. What existing data and information do you have on the current workforce profile? and gaps?
5. Do you have any information on future workforce requirements?
6. What is your preferred methodology to collect evidence for your workforce plan? Choose from surveying, focus groups, manager interviews, profiling a sample, working group, and/or your suggestion.
7. When does the workforce plan need to be published by?
If you are interested in building your own workforce plan then consider developing your skills as a Workforce Architect.
Investment: Quote available upon request to email@example.com, thank you.
The Workforce Plan Generator™ takes you through the steps to build a workforce plan, collates all your evidence, assists with the analysis of your workforce information, data and feedback, and produces a workforce plan whenever you need one. It’s ideal for organisations across all industry sectors with the capability to aggregate information from multiple business units and departments.
Register for your Workforce Plan Generator™ via:
Investment: $1197.00 incl GST per user
For further information go to: http://workforceplanningtools.com.au/the-workforce-plan-tool/
The Workforce Plan Generator™ takes you through the steps to build a workforce plan, collates all your evidence, assists with the analysis of your workforce information, data and feedback, and produces a workforce plan whenever you need one.
It’s ideal for Australian Apprenticeship Centres, Business Enterprise Centres, Consultants, Disability Employment Services, Group Training Companies, Industry Associations, Job Service Australia providers, Recruiters, Regional Development Australia Boards, Registered Training Organisations, Skill Service Organisations, TAFE Institutes, Unions and Workforce Architects working across all industry sectors with the capability to aggregate plans from multiple enterprises, across industries and regions.
Investment: $997.00 incl GST per workforce plan
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register for your Workforce Plan Generator™ starting with the number of workforce plans you need.
For further information go to: http://workforceplanningtools.com.au/the-workforce-plan-tool/
Register for the next Global Workforce Architects Program starting soon.
All potential Workforce Architects are encouraged to undertake a Skills profile self-assessment.
You can access the Workforce Plan Generator , supported by instructional videos on how to use the tool, to produce an organisational workforce plan.
Additional coaching and mentoring support is available on an hourly basis with access to further development opportunities including effectively engage employers and industry (coaching over 2 weeks or 1 day intensive workshop).
What is a Workforce Architect?
Workforce Architects assist enterprises, organisations, industry sectors, regions and countries in undertaking workforce planning and development. They may play an internal consultancy role or work with clients, customers and partners in providing workforce management services.
Global Workforce Architects Program explained
Who are Workforce Architects?
People who want to develop or update a workforce plan within their own enterprise/organisation such as Business Owners/Managers, Human Resource, Training and Organisational Development practitioners.
Intermediaries who may be advising and supporting enterprises/organisations to undertake workforce development and planning such as TVET or Vocational Education and Training (VET) Practitioners, Industry Skills Fund or Service Skill Organisation advisors, Small-Medium Enterprise and Regional Development Australia advisors.
Facilitators of Economic, Industry and Regional Development who want to produce an evidence based workforce plan for a council/shire, industry association/sector, infrastructure project, region or country.
Facilitator: Australia’s leading workforce planning and development practitioner – Wendy Perry, for further information please email email@example.com, thank you.
Investment: $1497.00 incl GST