Workforce Planning Essentials
Workforce planning is a critical business skill that is necessary to ensure you develop the workforce you need so your organisation can produce the outcomes it wants now and into the future.
It is a process of identifying what you have, what you need and what the gaps are between your current and future workforce. The process involves analysing workforce profile data and trends; forecasting demand; comparing with supply; undertaking a gap analysis, determining priorities and implementing workforce development (gap closing) strategies.
This course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of how to identify future workforce and skill needs, identify critical job roles and risks, and design workforce development strategies to ensure your organisation has the correct capacity and capabilities.
Participants will be given practical training in using workforce planning and development systems and tools, understanding the impact of using the workforce planning process through a case study.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- introduce workforce planning intro your organisation using change management techniques
- understand workforce planning and development concepts, definitions and terms
- demonstrate the basic 5 step process for developing a workforce plan
- utilise relevant models and tools for workforce planning
- identify your strengths and development needs as a practitioner
If you want to get recognised as a professional workforce planner this course will contribute to your Workforce Architects accreditation.
- What is workforce planning and development?
- Why do you need a workforce plan?
- 5 step process for workforce planning and development
- Workforce planning models, tools and standards
- Change management approaches
- Workforce planning and development case studies and resources
1.5 days or coaching over 3-4 weeks
- Case studies
- Content delivery
- Practice with tools
Facilitator: Wendy Perry, Head Workforce Planner, Workforce BluePrint, for further information email email@example.com, thank you.
Investment: $497.00 incl GST/person