Are you keen to build upon your relationships with employers and industry? Would you like to ensure that your staff are comfortable and confident to uncover all sorts of workforce needs and opportunities?
Your team may face the following challenges when working with industry/employers including:
- Uncertainty as to how to approach industry, make initial contact and build relationships;
- Increased competition in your industry area or region;
- Maybe they don’t see it as part of their role; or
- Perhaps they are busy with other tasks related to their job
Flexible ways to build upon existing workforce data and information with a choice of evidence collection methodologies for workforce planning and development that maximises engagement including data analysis, working groups, interviews, focus groups, work based learning projects and surveying.
Specific professional development aims addressed by the ENGAGE program are:
- Building capability to work effectively with business, industry and employers;
- Developing ability to identify workforce development needs, priorities and potential solutions;
- Understanding the importance of promoting business and productivity benefits from training programs;
- Developing skills in effective networking, targeting and stakeholder engagement; and
- Potential team project – create action items/plan to engage with industry.
Duration: online sessions, 1 day workshop or coaching and mentoring over a number of sessions.