Over the past 5 years we’ve had a number of School Based Apprentices employed in the business and I’m really proud of what they have achieved – winning awards, running a business, completing VET and Higher Education qualifications, finding their passion and following their dreams.
School Based Apprentices provide amazing value add and after seeing how it sets a young person up for success we are determined to offer more opportunities.
This time we are looking for someone preferably in Western Adelaide (where our office will be located) who is interested in business and innovation. The Business Assistant position is mainly an office support role with tasks including administration, databases, design, events, marketing, online research, social media, website updates.
Position Description: Business Assistant
About Workforce BluePrint
Company Vision and Mission
The company’s vision is to develop 21st Century Workforces and World-class VET /TVET systems by understanding future jobs and building 21st Century capabilities.
With a mission to build current and future workforce capability, capacity, contribution and productivity, applying new discovery technologies, insight and intelligence.
Purpose and Goal
Workforce BluePrint is driven by its purpose:
To solve workforce problems including job creation (employment + entrepreneurship), designing future workforces, and influencing education, employers, government and industry.
With a goal, To develop current and future workforces, matching workforce demand and opportunities with workforce skills and supply.
Our values include:
• Adapt to change
• Capacity building
• Client focus
• Environmental, cultural and social responsibility
• Ethical conduct and credibility
• Work/Life balance
The Business Assistant role is responsible for taking care of tasks including:
• Addressing simple customer and client inquiries via phone and email
• Arranging and researching travel, accommodation, car hire, taxis, Ubers in line with Travel and Accommodation policy
• Booking and researching venues for events, workshops and client engagement meetings
• Contact database updates and uploads
• Contributing to bulk mail and email campaigns
• Designing memes and images for marketing and promotion
• Email inbox management – clearing and responding where appropriate
• Filing printed material, archiving files and uploading electronic files to cloud base system
• Formatting letters, emails and other communication
• Managing event registrations, equipment organisation and pack up plus greeting guests
• Managing company and personal social media accounts
• Monitoring and booking relevant events/workshops for professional development and network
• Online research
• Personal Assistant tasks
• Supporting the achievement and demonstration of our vision, mission, values and strategic priorities
• Video recording, editing and uploading
• Website updates
Some out of hours work may be required at certain times of the year and travel may be required with a flexible approach to duty hours.
Statement of Key Responsibilities/Duties
Contribute to the effective and efficient management of Workforce BluePrint by:
• Supporting the implementation of policies related to Workforce BluePrint, including Workplace Health and Safety, client engagement and human resources.
• Managing databases, uploading contact lists, unsubscribes and updates.
• Maintaining office equipment, resources and supplies.
Contribute to the effective management of Workforce BluePrint client and customer engagement by:
• Updating client records and contact information via email systems, managing files, mail outs and communication.
• Exercise delegated authority to book venue, travel and accommodation arrangements develop schedules or travel itineraries for colleagues including research costs and availability.
• Initiate, respond to and follow up client emails, communication and social media posts.
• Prepare reports and documentation for monthly review purposes for example social media and website statistics.
Ensure high levels of customer service are achieved by:
• Providing a high level of customer service and understand client segments.
Undertake records management by:
• Reviewing monthly activities and managing tasks such as mail outs, SMS, enews, social media posts and emails.
• Managing records and information via cloud based systems, undertake filing, office cleaning duties, file backups and tidy up.
Promote the principles of Equal Opportunities and Workplace Health and Safety to ensure a safe and equitable working environment for staff.
Participate in Performance Management, target setting and review.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Educational/Vocational Qualifications – Certificate III in Business or Business Administration (via School Based Apprenticeship)
• Ability to operate effectively and efficiently under pressure and prioritise conflicting tasks to achieve set deadlines.
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact both verbally and in writing (online) with colleagues, associates, suppliers and clients both internal and external.
• An aptitude to constantly update the range of skills, abilities and knowledge that would enable a wider contribution towards the development of Workforce BluePrint.
* Experience in the use of social media sites.
* Experience in the use of Microsoft programs and Google suite.
* Experience in the use of cloud computing software packages.
* Proven commitment to continuous improvement, learning and growth in the workplace.
* Knowledge of the basic principles of Workplace Health and Safety.
* Knowledge of business processes, social media and cloud computing.
* Knowledge of Workforce BluePrint, Career BluePrint and Entrepreneurship Facilitator Services including clients, policies, procedures, products/programs and functions.
We will work with the right applicant/s to develop them into this role and you can apply by sending your CV/Resume with a covering email to Wendy Perry, Managing Director, Workforce BluePrint via firstname.lastname@example.org.